EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY due to high Covid-19 case counts in Utah, Powder Paws has made the decision to move back to Curbside appointments ONLY in order to protect our doctors, staff and you, our clients. This is important to maintain a healthy clinic so we are able to remain open to care for sick pets.
Click Here to Read Our Curbside Procedures
For those unfamiliar, our procedure will be as follows:
1. Upon your arrival, stay in your car and call 435-649-1221 to speak with a client services representative. You will be asked to confirm your phone number, vehicle make and color, and to confirm your credit card on file. The CSR will then inform the technician of your arrival.
2. A technician and/or assistant will call and speak with you to get a brief history. Please keep your phone close by and be sure you are available to answer!
3. Your pet will be collected and escorted to our main treatment room to be examined by the doctor. We ask that all clients wait in their vehicles while their pet is being examined and stay in the parking lot unless advised otherwise. If this appointment is for a feline, please make sure you have a proper carrier for them. If you do not, we will provide one at a charge to you.
4. Once the pet has been examined by one of our doctors, you will receive a phone call or text message to discuss recommendations and a treatment plan. Verbal consent for treatments and diagnostics and any outpatient estimates will be authorized over the phone.
Please keep your phone close by and be sure you are available to answer!
***Please have your animal ready for the technician when they come out to your vehicle. Our technicians will not open and enter your vehicle to retrieve them. Please wear a mask when a doctor or technician come out to speak with you and maintain a distance of 6 feet.
The curbside procedure overwhelms our phone lines. We ask that you please be patient and understanding with staff if you are unable to get through immediately. If you are looking to refill medication and your animal is up-to-date on an annual examination by one of our doctors, you are asked to do so via the Refill Request tab.
We appreciate your patience as we implement our safety protocols. We look forward to seeing you!
Note: Due to our doctors’ time in high demand and our schedule filling up with healthy pet visits 2-3 weeks out currently we will be strictly enforcing our no-show fee of the full exam price. We ask that you be respectful of our time and the emergencies that need to be seen and please show up for your scheduled appointment at least 5 minutes prior. Thank you.
FDA Warning about Diet Associated Heart Failure
“Grain-Free” diets, diets including peas/lentils or potatoes/sweet potatoes, and diets with exotic proteins are those that apparently carry the greatest risk. Both the Kirkland and Costco “Nature’s Domain” grain-free foods have been included in the report.
At this point, the exact cause of DCM in these dogs is still under investigation.
DCM is a very rare type of heart failure that was previously known to occur mostly in dogs genetically predisposed to it (ie Dobermans, Great Danes), but it is now being found by cardiologists in both dogs (especially Golden Retrievers) and cats without a genetic predisposition.
If you are concerned that your pet is at increased risk of DCM, especially if they are displaying any symptoms there are few things you can do:
- Schedule your pet for an appointment for an exam and nutrition consultation.
- Talk to your veterinarian about switching your dog’s food to a diet that meets the highest AAFCO feeding standards such as Royal Canin, Purina PRO Plan, Science Diet, and Iams
- Consider testing to make sure that your dog has no nutrient deficiencies or changes to their heart structure
For more information, please see the following websites:
What we’re all about:
Powder Paws Veterinary Clinic is Park City, Utah’s premier and fastest growing veterinary hospital for wellness care, dentistry, laser therapy, dog training, and more. Established in 2013 by Park City local Dr. Kate Bjordahl, the state-of-the-art facility overlooks expansive views of the Jeremy Ranch hillsides. We pride ourselves in a welcoming facility that both pets and their owners enjoy visiting. We know your time is valuable, so we ensure very little wait times and drop-off appointments.
We’re there for all stages of your pet’s life.
Pet Wellness Care
We have a plan ready for cats and dogs of all ages that includes a health plan, vaccinations, lab work, spay/neuter, and microchipping.
Dr. Kristen Blum, DVM, CCRT has been certified in canine rehabilitation in 2009 and runs our canine rehabilitation program. Her gentle way with pets and hands-on approach yield great results.
Thank you for making us the highest-rated veterinary hospital in Park City, UT!
"Great vets! Friendly service. With Powder Paws, especially, Dr. Kate, I know my dogs and cats are getting the best care. Dr. Kate came out on a holiday weekend to help when my dog had an infection in her foot!"
"I felt very confident with all of their staff, particularly the owner! Not only were they very flexible and honest, but they put my mind at ease, and took great care of Makawee. I could not be happier that I have transferred all of my pets to this practice. Thank you Powder Paws!"
"Powder Paws is hands down the best veterinarian service. They treat all animals like they are their own. Such an amazing and kind staff to work with. Everyone has a good attitude and is willing to do everything in there power to get all the wellness of you pet. Would recommend to anyone wanting to find a vet that is willing to treat you pet like one of their own with kindness, love, and caring."
"Such a great place! Each staff member and doctor constantly has your pet's best interests in mind. They're incredibly helpful, patient, and kind to their human patrons as well. Would highly recommend!"
We’re certified Cat Friendly!
The Cat Friendly Practice Program was developed to help veterinarians address the unique needs of cats in veterinary practice.